Serve The Entire Metro Atlanta Area & Surrounding Counties
Same / Next Day Service Available
Call Today :
The dryer vent is duct work that runs from your laundry room to the exterior of your home.
It is the route that hot air, moisture & lint use to escape your dryer. This allows your clothes to dry. Any blockage in this vent, whether it be lint build up, birds nest or crushed transition hose will cause problems ranging from the inconvenience of slow drying times, to the cost of an increased power billónot to mention the associated fire hazard in your home.
In today's homes, dryer vents tend to be vented longer distances, creating more places for lint to gather. Although dryers are equipped with lint traps, a significant amount of lint is not caught by the trap, and instead, builds up inside the dryer. In addition to creating a fire hazard, if your dryer vent duct is too long or has too many bends, it will cause your dryer to take much longer than necessary to dry loads, using more energy and electricity.
Inadequate clearance space between the dryer and the wall can cause the dryer to work inefficiently.
Many people create problems by putting their dryer against the wall crushing the venting material in the process. The cumulative effect of reduced air-flow and the resulting lint buildup prevent the dryer from drying at a normal rate and risk causing a fire.
Call us now to professionaly clean your dryer vent.
WHY CLEAN YOUR DRYER VENT / DUCT?
Don't wait for the signs, take action now!
You don't wait for your vehicles engine to crack before you have the oil changed, like your vehicle, your dryers vent system needs some basic, routine Preventive Maintenance to enable the dryer to work as efficiently as possible for as long as possible.
It is recommended that your dryer vent is regularly cleaned, as failure to clean is the #1 cause of dryer fires.
Recommendations for cleaning schedules is about ones a year, depending on: Length of vent, Bends in vent, Amount of dryer usage
1. Clean your lint screen/filter before or after drying each load of laundry. If it is still damp at the end of a typical cycle or it requires longer time than normal, it may be a sign that the screen or duct is blocked.
2. Check the outside dryer vent while the dryer is in use to be sure exhaust air is escaping. If air is not escaping, the duct may be blocked. To remove blockage, you may need to disconnect the exhaust duct from the dryer.
3. Clean up built-up lint behind the dryer. Have a qualified service person clean the interior of the dryer periodically to reduce the accumulation of lint. Also keep the area around the dryer clean and free of clutter.
4. Replace plastic or foil, accordion-type material with a rigid or corrugated metal duct. Most manufacturers specify the use of rigid or corrugated metal because it provides maximum airflow. The flexible plastic or foil types can easily trap lint and can easily kink, reducing airflow.
5. Take special care when drying your laundry that has been previously soiled with chemicals such as gasoline, cooking oil, cleaning agents or finishing oils. If possible, wash the laundry multiple times and hang to dry. If you must use the dryer, use the lowest heat setting and cycle with a cool down period.need of a cover..
6. Schedule a professional dryer exhaust cleaning at least once a year
Each year over 15,000 home fires are caused by dryers in the United States alone. That is over 300 injuries, 30 deaths and over $90 million dollars in damages.
Our Dryer vent Cleaning Process:
Depending on what type of dryer you have - stackable, side-by-side, gas or electric - and how your dryer is vented - through the wall, up through the roof, across the inside of the ceiling, etc. - the basic procedure is the same.
Our Atlanta Dryer Vent Cleaning service technician will come inside and unhook the connection piece that goes between the dryer and the vent. We'll run the vent cleaning equipment from the dryer side out to the end of the vent. Atlanta Dryer Duct Cleaning Newest Rotobrush Cleaning System which is inserted into dryer vent, Specialized brushes spin and loosen and simultaneously vacuums all lint, dust and debris to the entire length of the vent.
All of our equipment uses state of the art HEPA filtration so we able to use it without contaminating the environment we working in.
Once the cleaning equipment has traveled the length of the vent, to thoroughly clean it, Dryer Vent cleaning Atlanta will clean out the connection piece, reattach your dryer and recheck the vent while your dryer is operating.
What Are The Symptoms of a clogged Dryer Vent ?
Dryer takes more than 1 cycle to dry clothes
Clothes are unusually hot after 1 cycle
Dryer is hot to the touch
Lint accumulation behind & around dryer
Vent Hood Flapper doesn't open when dryer is on.
Moisture in the laundry room
If you check the vent outside and you CAN'T noticeably feel the air blowing out at least 12" from the vent.
If you look inside the vent itself and see lots of lint starting to collect inside.
The vent has not been clean in the last year.
Dryer keeps shutting off before the end of the timer.
Birds entering the outside vent entrance.
Do i need to do anything to prepare to have my vent cleaned?
It is helpful if you remove all clothing from the dryer and can remove anything on or around the dryer, so our technicians can have easy access to clean your vent as quickly and easily as possible.
How long does it take to have my vent cleaned?
The amount of time it takes us to do the job varies depending on how long your vent is, how bad the build up is and if we run into unexpected problems such as bird's nests and disconnected vents. It typically around an hour to complete a job.